2 replies to this topic

#1 kb1017

kb1017
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Student

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:12 PM

So I am renting a s16 and I have my test reel planned out and ready to shot, I was wondering if anybody had any additional things, that may be a little out of the norm, that you always do when test shooting. And/or any must do's, as I may have looked over some things with the fast pace I have been going at lately. I would just like a checklist from the professionals, so that this intermediate can one day join your ranks!!! As always, thanks.

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19769 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:20 PM

There are so many things one can test that it would take too long to write them out. There are tests for photographic approaches (lighting, filters, special processing, etc.) tests to determine optimal contrast ratio and exposure latitude, and tests that the AC usually does before a shoot to check registration, scratching, lenses, etc.

My only note is to keep track of little things like what print stock did the lab use to print the tests, at what lights (if this is for print), etc.

#3 Laurent Andrieux

Laurent Andrieux
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1527 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • France

Posted 13 May 2005 - 03:45 PM

These tests would be very heavy to explain here if you had no or little idea of what they are. If you would tell us what you plan to do, then maybe we could make comments...

How many lenses do you have, how many different stock will you use, what filters, what speeds do you plan to work for, are you using HMI, what sort etc.

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies

Opal

Abel Cine

Glidecam

Willys Widgets