Giorgio Taricco
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Other
  • Toino Italy

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:24 PM

Hi gents,

looking to shoot something good with BMPCC and anamorphic, I'd like to know which focal lens would be good using the  HYPERGONAR HI-FI 2.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Giorgio

#2 Satsuki Murashige

Satsuki Murashige
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3081 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:40 PM

Since the Pocket Camera has a 16mm sized sensor, you'll probably want a range of: 16, 25, 35, 50mm with a 2x anamorphic adapter. I'm guessing you should be able to find some Micro 4/3 lenses in that range. There are also some affordable photo zooms that come in those focal lengths.

The Hypergonar is a large heavy projection lens, not really suited for anamorphic shooting. I seem to remember the close focus was like 12-15 feet. I bought one years ago and couldn't make it work. You would be better off with the much smaller Kowa 16H or even better with an Iscorama 36. The Iscorama is very expensive however. I bought one a few years ago for about $2k, and now they are selling for double!

#3 Giorgio Taricco

Giorgio Taricco
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Other
  • Toino Italy

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:56 PM

I'm looking also on other anamorphic lenses like the Schneider Cinelux and the Kowa Prominar, just curious to try but as I don't like to spend a lot of money to end with nothing I will look into this more careful.

I'm not sure if would be better to invest on a Kinoptik Tegea 5.7mm or 9.8mm lens maybe, but I'm really interested to try also the FM Module, single action focus on anamorphic attachment.

Uhmmm....

Giorgio

#4 Kenny N Suleimanagich

Kenny N Suleimanagich
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

You could also use the SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33, which will make the S16 image into a more standard anamorphic 2.20 ratio. You're limited to a smaller lens diameter though, so it's worth exploring what would work with that. A lot of people are using it on the BMCC with the Sigma 18-35 1.8. 

Edited by Kenny N Suleimanagich, 11 March 2015 - 03:05 PM.

Technodolly

The Slider

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

CineTape

Pro 8mm

Glidecam