New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other
  • Hartford, Ct

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

Hi,

I am working with my wife to improve her YouTube Channel. We need to figure out the best in house set up for lighting whiling shooting video with our Canon 6D. We mostly use a Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L series lens while shooting her yoga videos. 

Can anyone help suggest what lighting equipment we would need to create our own in home studio? I have seen others set up with 2 light boxes on stands set at a 45 degree angle on each front corner and a (flood light type thing) in the middle directly behind the camera. 

What kind of lights are used on the stands and in the soft boxes? 

What kind of triggers or wireless equipment would I need for the camera to the lights? if any at all? I don't think I would, because the lights would constantly be on. Its video, not photos, so no flash needed. 

Also, what microphone would be best to wireless set up from the yoga teacher to the camera? Boompole? Lavalier? Etc.

if you need more of a visual of what we are trying to accomplish, you can check out the channel at:

http://www.youtube.com/yogabycandace

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

#2 Greg Moore

Greg Moore

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other
  • Hartford, Ct

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:50 AM

Ok, so as I continue to research, I have found THIS home video lighting kit. I am thinking of placing these on the 45 degree corners of my subject. Does anyone have any experience with these type of continues lights and does cowboy studio's make good products. (knowing it's not going to be high quality because I am working on a budget, but good for its price) 

I am also thinking of getting an LED panel LIKE THIS to put just above and behind the camera to light from the front of my yoga subject. 

Any thoughts on my setup plan? Any suggestions on mistakes in my ideas or know of any equipment that is better quality but still on a budget?

Thanks.

The Slider

Abel Cine

Zylight

CineTape

CineLab

Pro 8mm

Willys Widgets

Visual Products

Glidecam

Technodolly

Rig Wheels Passport