Robert Beh

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:24 AM

Hi everyone,

I got hold of a B&H 35mm eyemo with a PV mount. I'm extremely new to filming in 35mm and have never had the opportunity to work with Panavision lenses so please forgive me for my basic questions. Since I'm only trying to gain experience with filming, I really don't have a need to shoot with PV lenses. I'd rather just use something more readily accessible for the time being. Is there an adapter out there that will allow me to use non-PV lenses on this camera? I've tried looking, but all I seem to find are adapters that allow you to use PV lens on an arri mount... I've also seen some that allow you to attach a PV to an EOS... but I haven't found an adapter allowing you to use a non-pv lens on a camera with a PV mount.

If there is no such adapter available, is there any possibility of replacing the PV mount on the camera with something else? Or is that going to be the job of a technician? Sorry for all the basic questions. I've tried to do research online about all this, but aside from reading previous threads I haven't had much luck in getting my questions answered.

Thanks!

#2 Jean-Louis Seguin

Jean-Louis Seguin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Other
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:06 AM

Lenses for Hasselblad or some 6.0 x 4.5 cameras would work if you can find an adapter.

#3 Kenny N Suleimanagich

Kenny N Suleimanagich
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:19 AM

Panavision lenses are pretty strictly proprietary. Unless you were to rent, your best bet would be buying a PL mount and having someone switch them out (or doing it yourself, if you can adjust FFD). 

#4 Robert Beh

Robert Beh

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for your reply. Where do I get hold of a PL mount? Are the mounts camera specific? I tried looking on ebay, but I didn't find much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PV, 35mm, Eyemo

The Slider

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape

Paralinx LLC

Zylight

Technodolly

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery