Emrah

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Other

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

I've been getting lot of useful information from everyone on this forum. As you can see this is my first posting, and  I would like to thank everyone here.

After all this reading and learning....I've finally bought an Aaton A-minima Camera and starting to shoot next week for a project that I've been thinking & planning for  awhile. 

I wanted to post this topic to see if i can get more information about the camera that I've bought & would like to know / learn how to look after this Camera,( general servicing tips?).

Im including some information and couple of images below to start the conversation, I hope it will be helpful.

I bought the camera from the first owner, camera used under 50 rolls...Camera was lightly used...the set that i've bought includes;

-Aaton A-minima Body ( Serial No : A284 ) - Really curious about what this serial can tell? -

-Magazines (x3)

-Oppenheimer Battery Handle Accessory - anyone had an experience with this accessory ?

Battery Handle (x2)

Swan Neck" attachment

Mini-Base

15mm rods (4+2inch)

-Battery Charger, Cables, Pelican Case, some filmstocks, extra minima spools, cables....etc

DSC01287-r60.jpg

Aaton_Aminima_v01.jpg

(for more images...)

Thanks again,

_Emrah

#2 Adrian Levander

Adrian Levander

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:12 AM

Hi!

I just bought one of these as well.. Only used it on one project so far but I learned some stuff that might be useful to you. 

- When using a lens motor, the mount & camera body jerks when doing extreme pulls. I was worried that this would affect the footage but it didn't show up at all. The mount and gate seems to be connected in some way by design so the jerking doesn't matter. I believe. 

- All of my mags sound weird in one way or another. Doesn't affect footage but makes it hard to do sync sound. Good thing to try them all out if you plan on recording sound

- If you plan on getting a video tap, it's good to know that the Aaton BW one is quite muddy and you don't see much if you film in low light. 

Your camera seems to be in a great shape tough!

best

/Adrian 

#3 Emrah

Emrah

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Other

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

Thanks Adrian

-Im definilty gonna keep an eye on mags, and see how they sound.....For the current project, i wont need to record any sound, so i might be ok....

-VideoTap was on my list if i found it as part of a-minima set....But instead of a videtap, handle set came with it.:)...Its pretty expensive when I consider it separately, maybe in near future...

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and experience...

#4 Adrian Levander

Adrian Levander

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:15 AM

Another discovery a friend made - when you have a lab spool film up to the minima daylight ones, you might loose like 5-10m of film. So I set my camera at 50m countdown and not 60m. To avoid disappointment :) 

Don't know if this also applies to your lab though or if you do it yourself but good to know

#5 Brian Drysdale

Brian Drysdale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4743 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:19 AM

Thanks Adrian

-Im definilty gonna keep an eye on mags, and see how they sound.....For the current project, i wont need to record any sound, so i might be ok....

-VideoTap was on my list if i found it as part of a-minima set....But instead of a videtap, handle set came with it. :)...Its pretty expensive when I consider it separately, maybe in near future...

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and experience...

You have to use your full real name, it's one of the forum rules. You need to contact Tim Tyler the site owner to make the change, since you can't do it yourself.

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

Pro 8mm

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam

CineTape