Christopher Montengo

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Student
  • London

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:51 PM

I just purchased a brand new Sony A7s (body only). There were not much lenses out there for the sony A7s, so i looked around on the internet and found a great deal for a Samyang Cine Lens Kit. The only problem is that the lenses are Nikon F Mount. 

What's the best lens adaptor for Sony to Nikon F Mount? Preferably, i don't want any vignette, also minimal reflection. Auto focus is not a big issue because most of my work will be film based anyway.

Thank You for Reading 

#2 Mark Dunn

Mark Dunn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Other
  • London

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:15 PM

The adaptor is just a piece of tubing. It just needs to be rigid and precisely made.. Long lenses would be more problematic.

Edited by Mark Dunn, 15 April 2015 - 01:17 PM.

#3 Alex Stone

Alex Stone
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Manchester, UK

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:50 AM

I'm personally a fan of Metabones adapters. Machined well, hold their infinity focus and the insides are coated to prevent any internal reflections.

If you're using a Samyang Cine lens then autofocus and electronic iris aren't an issue, however Metabones mounts have contacts in them, enabling electronic control over the iris and (very slow) autofocus should you use a regular DSLR lens via the camera. Many other electronic mounts have a separate control unit to adjust the aperture which in my experience never work as well as they should; I'm not a fan.

#4 Nick Miller

Nick Miller

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Vancouver

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

I agree that the metabones adapter is nice but I just wanted to offer a bit of advice on it. As the adapter is made of more than one piece it can become slightly loss over time and allow for some play in the lens, so just check and tighten the screws every so often.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adaptor, Lens, SonyA7s, SamyangCine, Sony, Nikon

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies

Pro 8mm

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

Zylight

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

Tai Audio

Glidecam