#1 John R Woods

John R Woods
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Other
  • Birch Bay, WA

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:50 PM

So I'm finally getting a chance to try out my LTR-54.  A friend sent me a link to an LTR-7.  Since the LTR-54 is being serviced before the shoot, and I thought a back-up camera would be a good idea, and especially since it was an extraordinary deal, I bought it.  I actually shot some test footage yesterday.  The LTR-54 has an Arri-B adapter and an Angenieux 9.5-57 mm f1.8 lens that doesn't cover super-16.  The LTR-7 has a PL mount and a Zeiss 12-120 mm T2.4 super-16 Optex conversion.  The older camera also has newer magazines.

As I understand it, the only real difference between the LTR-7 and the LTR-54 is the speeds at which they run.  I'll have to find the serial numbers when I get a chance.  I read here that the LTR-7 will run up to 32 fps, and the LTR-54 will run up to 54 fps.  I started the LTR-7 for the first time, and it was running very fast.  I looked at the speed control, and it was set to '70'.  The manual I downloaded does say the LTR-7 can go to 32 fps.

So what's the deal with the '70' on the speed control?  What other differences are there between the two models?

#2 Brian Drysdale

Brian Drysdale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5343 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:32 AM

The LTR 7 may have been modified to run at the higher frame rate, it's not a standard factory speed. Since I gather you've got the 16 volt batteries, this could be the reason, since you don't need them for the camera's standard frame rates.

#3 John R Woods

John R Woods
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Other
  • Birch Bay, WA

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:51 AM

That makes sense.

Thanks.

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab