Photo

I want to study cinematography in scholarships can any one help me?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sfn Parshu

Sfn Parshu

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:29 AM

Hello everyone this is parashuram i want to study cinematography in scholarship can you please suggest me the process 

#2 Landon D. Parks

Landon D. Parks
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • Producer
  • Cincinnati, Ohio

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

Do you mean you want to go to film school on a scholarship? If so, you might look at Full Sail in Florida. They offer a campus program and even an online Cinematography program. It's expensive, and will cost you about $70,000 for the degree. I looked into them once, but found that the value for the return was not worth it. They have many different scholarship programs available listed on their website.

Honestly, given the current price of cameras and equipment - I'd probably suggest skipping film school and buying a descent DSLR and lighting package. Along the way, you'll save about $60,000 or more - which you can use to make your own feature or shorts with. Given the amount of information available online, I'd look into some programs like Hollywood Camera Works. I own all of their DVD series, and have learned a LOT from them.

Edited by Landon D. Parks, 30 April 2015 - 08:14 PM.

#3 Bill DiPietra

Bill DiPietra
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2264 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York City

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:41 AM

Hello everyone this is parashuram i want to study cinematography in scholarship can you please suggest me the process

A negative rating for this guy's first post when all he's doing is asking a question?! Seriously?...

#4 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11232 posts
  • Other

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:58 AM

Bit harsh, certainly.

But the question is of course very broad. Gaining a scholarship in cinematography is often dependent on existing ability, so anyone seeking one would probably be well advised to work on a good showreel!

P

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

Tai Audio

Visual Products

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

The Slider

Zylight

Glidecam