#1 Mayer Chalom

Mayer Chalom
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:06 PM

Hey I found a used SR2 pl mount and super 16 with a built in video assist for a very good price. From the pictures the camera seems to be in great cosmetic condition however there are some things that seem strange about the camera. 

In particular where there is supposed to be a Start/Stop Lever there is foreign looking knob. Also in the area where there is supposed to be the APEC (exposure control system) there is nothing. (Please reference photographs)

Can anyone venture to explain this.

From my own research I discovered that Arri manufactured an SR II-E which did not include the exposure system which would explain the blank space.

Attached Images

• Arri SR2.JPG

Edited by Mayer Chalom, 25 June 2015 - 04:08 PM.

#2 Oron Cohen

Oron Cohen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Tel-Aviv/London

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:44 PM

where are you buying the camera from? (if it's ebay you get money back guaranty anyway... )

can't you get any details from the seller? I personally never seen this model/version, but it could also be that modifications were made by a rental house technician. Also, If the seller doesn't give you clear info about a camera, or say he doesn't know it,  I personally advise you to stay away... 

#3 Bill DiPietra

Bill DiPietra
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2339 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York City

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:27 PM

Hey I found a used SR2 pl mount and super 16 with a built in video assist for a very good price. From the pictures the camera seems to be in great cosmetic condition however there are some things that seem strange about the camera. 

In particular where there is supposed to be a Start/Stop Lever there is foreign looking knob. Also in the area where there is supposed to be the APEC (exposure control system) there is nothing. (Please reference photographs)

Can anyone venture to explain this.

From my own research I discovered that Arri manufactured an SR II-E which did not include the exposure system which would explain the blank space.

I saw that one listed on ebay.  Been checking all of the SRs on there lately and I'm not impressed with any for one reason or another.

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

Glidecam

Abel Cine

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products

Rig Wheels Passport

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC

CineTape

The Slider

Gamma Ray Digital Inc