Axel Morin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London, Paris, Marseille

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:45 AM

Hello Guys,

I am gonna start shooting a documentary next week and our main camera will be the PXW-FS7. I already check many topics, tests and other reviews. I first decided to shoot in 1920 X 1080 in S-LOG 3 / Gamut 3.

Two reasons to that, first one being mobility and also wish to keep an good latitude for the grading at the director looking to a specific style.

Here an example of the kind of footage we looking to end up with

For some of the interview we will have a second camera which will be a Sony A7S. The Director already order a Shogun to go with it. As the A7S is capable of shooting in S-Log 2, I wonder: is the Shogun still relevant? And if I have to keep it, should I still set the camera in the Log mode? 

My worries are that the Shogun record only the under-expose, milky footage from the S-log but without the possibilities of grading which are suppose to come along with it.

Then it is possible some day we will have to shoot with C100 but that will become an other problem.

Thanks in advance for your answers

All the best

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FS7, Sony, Shogun, A7S, Camera, Gamma, Slog, Gammut

CineTape

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport

Paralinx LLC

Tai Audio

Technodolly

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

Visual Products

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider