5 replies to this topic

#1 Gabe Agoado

Gabe Agoado
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Student

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:00 PM

Got this lovely little Beaulieu 2008s off of ebay. Trying to find batteries for the thing, and to my understanding it is an earlier "A" model because it has only 1 contact in the middle and one on the side for the light meter, instead of the "B" model which has the three pronged contact. It came with the 4 original 1.2v batteries, but no kind of battery container.

From my understanding and the research I've done, the 2008 never came with a battery container, and all I need to do is find a set of batteries that fit inside the battery holder or hook up an external battery pack.

If there's someone with the knowledge to tell me that I'm wrong or tell me how I'd hook up a battery pack for this I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Attached Images

• 2015-08-05 16.53.19 (300x225).jpg
  • 2015-08-05 16.53.40 (300x225).jpg
  • 2015-08-05 16.54.24 (300x225).jpg
  • 2015-08-05 16.54.03 (300x225).jpg

#2 Zac Fettig

Zac Fettig
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Other
  • Boston

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:00 PM

The easiest option is just to buy an adapter from DuAll. http://www.duallcame..._Chargers.shtml

#3 Gabe Agoado

Gabe Agoado
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Student

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:55 PM

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't really help me. I know I can make my own battery solution for much less money than Du-All charges. The fact that it's not as easy doesn't scare me away.

#4 Zac Fettig

Zac Fettig
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Other
  • Boston

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:23 AM

Then it looks really simple. There's a tap on the side (that little spring tab) and one at the bottom (the center pin).

The hardest issue is to cut in a thread. It's not going to be a standard size, so getting a tap isn't going to be easy. It would proabably have to be cut in on a lathe.

If you don't mind destroying/repurposing the endcap, it should be fairly striaghtforward. A metal sleave on the outside (with a lead soldered on) - the same diameter as the batteries, a plate on the bottom (with another lead soldered on), and an insulator to keep the two of them seperated. Drill a hole through the endcap, and pass through the two leads. then solder a connector to the leads (either inline with the leads or mounted to the surface - which requires a larger hole in the endcap).

Match it to a 4.8V battery pack.

The other option is that they do show up on ebay from time to time. I haven't seen one recently, but I used to see them for around $50.

#5 Larry DeGala

Larry DeGala
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • North Wales

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:14 AM

You can go to your local 3-D printer to print you a dummy battery to fill the void and give you two hard points for copper contacts.  Fish your power line through dilled hole in the cap. And you're finished.

#6 Gabe Agoado

Gabe Agoado
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Student

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:32 PM

Thanks!

Ritter Battery

CineTape

Abel Cine

Zylight