2 replies to this topic

#1 Paul peabody

Paul peabody
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Producer

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:18 PM

After using a glidecam 4000 and being totally unimpressed with the weight and cumbersome nature of this equip,,I set out on an exhaustive traversal of the hundreds of ways inde filmmakers adapt invent and even sell plans for cranes etc,,,,and then I happened on Mike Figgis' fig rig,,,,go to the bogen manrotto site,,,and watch all the "fuss",,,I dont know what anyone else thinks,,,but I felt he is really on to something except? the design looked awfully like a large steering wheel with a bar on the lower third for camera,,,,places for clips (for wires) and microphones ,,etc it maneuvers very well ,however the price ,for essentially a car steering wheel,with some extraexpensive clips and clamps,,,I decided to make one myself,,,and I am very excited,,the maneuvarability,and the ability to do low shots and zoom and pan,,,and ,,,like this is really something,,,I think anyway,,,and I made mine for thirty five dollars,,,,!!!anyone out there have a view about this approach towards "steadiness"?

#2 jwtmedia

jwtmedia
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:23 PM

What did you use to make the rig yourself? Do you have a pic of it? What camera are you using it to support?

#3 Paul peabody

Paul peabody
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Producer

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:50 AM

THanks for your interest,,,I made a mockup and was very impressed with the weight distribution so now I am making a more professional version that I will post the pic for when it is finished,,,!

What did you use to make the rig yourself? Do you have a pic of it? What camera are you using it to support?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Slider

Technodolly

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS