Photo

Why didn't this sizzle reel come out as good as it maybe could have been?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Harry Weaks

Harry Weaks
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:16 PM

Recently I posted a post here inquiring about the types of cameras used to film reality TV, and received plenty of decent responses. Below is a sizzle reel for a show called "strippers and tippers", and it doesn't look as good as I would think it could have. There are reality shows out there like the one below, that perhaps have had large production teams behind them assisting in their production in different departments --and that most likely adds to the reality shows quality. The sizzle reel may not have had the same amount of people/circumstances behind it, and as a result wouldn't have flashy title sequences or animations for instance --but couldn't the image quality have been better? If so, how? How would you have had it filmed? Could it's overall quality been improved in anyway? If so, how? What would you have done to improve it's overall quality, if anything? The overall look of it? It was made with the canon mark 2 5d, 7d and sony ex1 cameras, and based on my other post I believe more could have been done to enhance it's look. Do you agree? Disagree?

Sizzle reel example:

Televised reality show example:

Edited by Harry Weaks, 03 October 2015 - 12:17 PM.

The Slider

Zylight

Paralinx LLC

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

Visual Products

CineTape

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport