zamir zhak palushi

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other
  • albania

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:11 AM

Hi, i have a great sience-fiction script and i want to sell it. I'm looking for someone who is interested to buy it or can help me how to proceed ? Thank you!

#2 Brian Drysdale

Brian Drysdale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4743 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:26 AM

I suspect you won't get anyone fully buy a script, a producer may take out an option if they like it and proceed to develop it further. If you're lucky they have access to funds to pay the script writer for rewrites. Anything further probably won't get paid until it possibly goes into production, assuming that happens. 

There are film markets where you can pitch your script to producers. If you've local producers who work in or are interested the science fiction genre you can pitch it to them. You'll need to have all the associated short documents: log line, short synopsis, one page synopsis etc.

#3 JD Hartman

JD Hartman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1488 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Edison, N.J. U.S.A.

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:42 AM

Requested is one thing, optioned is another thing, produced still another.  Try Stage32, they run organized "pay to pitch" sessions.

#4 Bill DiPietra

Bill DiPietra
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2262 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York City

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:45 AM

Also, there are tons of film festivals - one the most noted probably being the Austin Film Festival - that you could submit it to.  And rather than doing a blind submission to an unknown producer, you could also look into submitting it to the Sundance Institute, where - if you are selected - you attend a workshop and they help you to develop it.

The Slider

Visual Products

Rig Wheels Passport

rebotnix Technologies

Zylight

Willys Widgets

Abel Cine

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

CineTape

Ritter Battery