1 reply to this topic

#1 Prashantt Rai

Prashantt Rai
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:10 PM

Hi there everyone! greetings.

I had sent my Arriflex SR3 for repairs at Arri NY. They did work on it and sent it back. I had barely shot 7-8 400ft cans and the same problem emerged again. I had paid close to $1000 for service and shipping. Does anyone think I need to be paying again for the same job to be worked again on? Don't they stand and vouch for their workmanship? I want opinions and experiences of cinematographers who own gear and have gone through these type of problems.

thanks

#2 Bill DiPietra

Bill DiPietra
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2264 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York City

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:26 PM

Hi there everyone! greetings.

I had sent my Arriflex SR3 for repairs at Arri NY. They did work on it and sent it back. I had barely shot 7-8 400ft cans and the same problem emerged again. I had paid close to $1000 for service and shipping. Does anyone think I need to be paying again for the same job to be worked again on? Don't they stand and vouch for their workmanship? I want opinions and experiences of cinematographers who own gear and have gone through these type of problems.

thanks

Well, what was up with the camera to start with?  And yes, I would contact them and tell them exactly what happened.  It's ARRI.  I'm sure they'll be fair & make good on the deal.

CineTape

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks

Pro 8mm

Paralinx LLC

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Zylight

Technodolly