#1 davide sorasio

davide sorasio
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Student
  • New York

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:22 PM

Hi everybody, I'm wondering if anybody has some advise on how an AC resume should look like. Should I put my education and formative experiences? Should I only put the filmography and only the more importants jobs or should I put students films too? Any other advise is more than welcome!

Thanks in advance!

#2 Simon Bengtsson

Simon Bengtsson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Sverige

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:16 AM

Im not much for a crowded resume so I only lost my biggest and most recent gigs, for now I think have 5; 1 tv-series, 1 feature film and 3 commercials. At each one I list the DOP, camera system and lenses.
Then I also listed the cameras that I know, my drivers license and a link to an excel with my Ac kit. No education since I don't have any other than carpeting.

I'm thinking to do a complete listing with all my gigs just to have in case someone really need to see everything I've done, but I will probably keep it on my computer and send it to them if they ask for it.

That's pretty much it, hope it helps :)

#3 Mark Dunn

Mark Dunn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Other
  • London

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:25 AM

so I only lost my biggest and most recent gigs,

I think you mean list.

#4 Simon Bengtsson

Simon Bengtsson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Sverige

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:13 PM

I think you mean list.

I do, otherwise it would be kind of sad

#5 Gregory Irwin

Gregory Irwin
  • Sustaining Members
  • 529 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Work is based in Los Angeles but I live elsewhere.

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:56 PM

I would keep it to one page. I would list the credit, the DP and the production company. Don't forget to identify your position and list your contact info and any professional affiliations, if any. I'm not so sure about the drivers license idea - ID theft? Keep it simple.

G

#6 Simon Bengtsson

Simon Bengtsson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Sverige

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

I would keep it to one page. I would list the credit, the DP and the production company. Don't forget to identify your position and list your contact info and any professional affiliations, if any. I'm not so sure about the drivers license idea - ID theft? Keep it simple.

G

Id theft? I just list what kind of license I have, not a picture of it if that's what you mean. At least here in Sweden they be happy to have an Ac who can drive a camera car or small truck.

#7 Satsuki Murashige

Satsuki Murashige
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3081 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:13 PM

I would think twice about offering to drive the camera truck or even advertising that you can. I know sometimes on smaller jobs you get stuck with loading all the cases into your personal vehicle and taking them home, but there are all kinds of liability issues if you get into an accident or have gear stolen while in your possession. That should be a last resort solution in my opinion.

I'd put that responsibility on the production company if at all possible by letting them hire a camera PA to drive their rental truck. Obviously on a union job, you've got a transportation department and teamsters for that kind of thing.

#8 Gregory Irwin

Gregory Irwin
  • Sustaining Members
  • 529 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:57 PM

Id theft? I just list what kind of license I have, not a picture of it if that's what you mean. At least here in Sweden they be happy to have an Ac who can drive a camera car or small truck.

Oh I get it. We don't drive the trucks here so I didn't understand what you meant. Cheers!

G

#9 Mikko Suomalainen

Mikko Suomalainen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:39 AM

Here 1st or 2nd AC drives camera truck, gaffer/best boy drives light truck, key grip drives grip truck.. In Finland I mean :) So I'd suggest you to tell about your driver's license, just recently a friend lost a job as light technician on a feature because he only had a normal license, not one you can drive a lighting truck with.

#10 Simon Bengtsson

Simon Bengtsson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Sverige

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:51 AM

Oh I get it. We don't drive the trucks here so I didn't understand what you meant. Cheers!

G

you lucky dogs! Here in sweden it is like mikko said, I often end up drive the camera truck.

#11 Gregory Irwin

Gregory Irwin
  • Sustaining Members
  • 529 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:31 PM

you lucky dogs! Here in sweden it is like mikko said, I often end up drive the camera truck.

Yeah, no kidding. Driving the truck would be the last responsibility I would need. I'd rather spend that time resting so I could put more energy into the camera work.

G

#12 Mikko Suomalainen

Mikko Suomalainen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:12 AM

The good thing is our days are not that long here. Normally 10 hours including wrap (on a feature/tv-series/etc). So there's still time to rest after driving the truck ;)

Abel Cine

CineTape

Technodolly

Tai Audio

Pro 8mm

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

Glidecam

Willys Widgets