I'm experimenting with some super 8 on my next project and was hoping for a little advice. I tend to shoot at wide or ultra wide focal lengths so I am looking to optimize for that.
1. Planning on shooting with a Beaulieu 4008 ZMII, how is the optical quality of the schneider 6-66 1.8 zoom that is commonly attached?
2. How is the optical quality of the Ultra Wideangle III adapter commonly used on this lens?
3. Would I get better results with a prime like the century 3.5mm ultra wide?
4. I also have a set of s16 MKI super speeds that I use via a arri>B to cmount adapter on the digital bolex. Does anyone know how well, if at all these would perform compared to Schneider zoom?
5. Does anyone have any suggestions for developing/telecine, based in L.A. Pro8mm stuff isn't very re-assuring, spectre looks very nice, but someone recommended this place over both of them http://www.gammarayd...rvices/scanning, they use a 5k archival scanner and the results on super 8mm are said to be superb.
Thanks in advance for any help.