projector help pleease

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 YogSothoth

YogSothoth
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:25 AM

i'm very new to film and the other day when i was playing one of my first super-8 rels on my projector i made what i now know was a huge mistake and tried to re-thread the film backwards and rewind it by inserting the end of it into the opening that the film comes out of when playing while i had the rewind switch on. The film made some noise for a second while it got crumpled up tangled in the projector for a second before i realized what i had done and stopped the projector. i then tried to see if i could go forward and have the film come back out, but it broke off, leaving at last a few inches of film jumbled up inside the projetor, right in the path of any other film i might want to play. now my question is, how do i gt it out? i opened up the projector from the side and could find no access to either film gate (or the bulb for that matter... how do i change it when i need to?) is there another place where it opens up? any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. thanks for reading.

Edited by YogSothoth, 28 May 2005 - 01:28 AM.

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:51 AM

The name and model number of your projector might prove helpful before others can accurately help you.

#3 YogSothoth

YogSothoth
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:22 PM

oh yeah i forgot to add that. it's a chinon sound 6100.

#4 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:01 PM

I've never owned a Chinon projector.

You might get a faster reply from someone else if you make a new topic and put the name Chinon in the title of the topic.

I'm surprised that you can swing open the lens mount and still not see the film gate area of the projector. The Elmo projectors enabled one to see the whole film path area once the lens was swung out of the way.

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

Wooden Camera

CineTape

Technodolly

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

rebotnix Technologies