Jack Johnson_38359

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other
  • Boston

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:51 PM

As someone who is interested in doing Animated Films in the future, I know I might not be your typical film student, but I was wondering if anyone  could recommend some good resources for learning more about Cinematography? (composition, lighting, camera movement for creating different moods/atmosphere.)

Knowing animation requires a whole realm of technical expertise that I will be preoccupied with in the future, I would love to use the time I have now and get a better understanding of film and cinematography so I will able to better tell a story with my work and hopefully evoke deeper feelings from the viewers.

Anyways, if anyone is able to recommend some good sources for learning, I would greatly appreciate it ! thanks in advance ! Whether they are books, dvds, website, or particular films or cinematographer I should pay close attentions to, I'm open to all suggestions!

Would it also help if I list the type of scenes I'm particular interested in?

#2 Jan Tore Soerensen

Jan Tore Soerensen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Director
  • Norway

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

I've learned a whole lot researching the internet, learning from other both professional and amateur cinematographers, DPs and directors. Watching a lot of shorts, trying and failing myself, and basically doing it yourself. Over time you will get better and better. There are probably great books to read, but I'm more a practical approach kinda guy myself.

I recently started a one-man company, after doing short film on and off for almost 10 years. 

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineLab

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

The Slider

CineTape

Ritter Battery