#1 Valentina Caniglia

Valentina Caniglia
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:49 PM

Dear All,

I am shooting a music video where I want to put a video camera DVX 100 on the talent and make it spin 360 around while he is walking.

I would like to know if there is any rig in order to spin in the camera on a body of a talent.

I guess I will need a circle shaped rail where I can put a support with wheel and a wooden plate.

Do you know if there are any rigs like that?

Please let me know

Thanks

Vale

#2 Landon D. Parks

Landon D. Parks
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1735 posts
  • Producer
  • Cincinnati, Ohio

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:55 PM

This is the 5th time you posted the same thing in a row, this is VERY in-productive and is not keeping to the rules of the forum. You only need post a question once and if anyone will answer it, they will answer one just as good as 5.

I will have to alert Tim Tyler, the forum admin about this. He may have to delete them (Not telling him how to do his job).

As to the question:

Do you know if there are any rigs like that?

Yes, you buy some track that is in a tight 90 degree curve, 4 sections to be exact. put it in a circle, put the talent in the middle, use the dolly to spin around the talent.

#3 Valentina Caniglia

Valentina Caniglia
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:59 PM

Landon,

Don't be so harsh on me or Tim,

I am so sorry for the incovenience. My computer gave me had some problems in typing. I wanted to cancel the other messages but I couldn't.

Anyway, Thanks for your advice.

Vale

#4 Landon D. Parks

Landon D. Parks
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1735 posts
  • Producer
  • Cincinnati, Ohio

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:04 PM

Tim still needs to be alerted, at least to delete the other topics. If they remain active, it will cause a confusion.... Sorry for being harsh, but I thought you did it on purpose.

I still alerted Tim that he may want to delete the other topics though.

#5 Landon D. Parks

Landon D. Parks
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1735 posts
  • Producer
  • Cincinnati, Ohio

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:30 PM

Another possible way to do it is this: Put a Green/Blue screen behind the talent, put them on a spinning platform. Leave the camera still and just spin the actors around. This would of course only work if you where doing chroms screen or you want to have a weird look to your live footage (AKA: Person spining while background remian steady.

PS) That may be a cool look!

#6 Brad Grimmett

Brad Grimmett
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2660 posts
  • Steadicam Operator
  • Los Angeles

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:39 AM

Yes, you buy some track that is in a tight 90 degree curve, 4 sections to be exact. put it in a circle, put the talent in the middle, use the dolly to spin around the talent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He wants the talent to be walking while the camera is rotating around them, so a dolly and track are definately out of the question.
Steadicam would work for this, or some kind of special purpose rig that would have to be built specifically for the shot. The problem is that you would probably see the rig unless you shot upwards at a very sharp angle to the talent. Also, a rig like that would be very heavy and hard for the talent to wear for more than a few minutes at a time. The doggicam folks may be able to help you if you're intent on going with a bodymounted rig. Otherwise steadicam is probably the best way to go. Skycam would definately work for this, but it's a bit of overkill and would probably be out of your budget.

CineLab

Abel Cine

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies