1 reply to this topic

#1 Patrick Cooper

Patrick Cooper
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Other

Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:18 AM

I'm just about at the end of a big editing project with Sony Movie Studio and Ive come across a bizarre problem which I can't find a solution to. Within a section of the project, there are a bunch of events on the timeline that are combined together with cross-fades. In other words, they are not end to end – they blend in with each other more or less. What I did just now is remove one of these events and replaced it with a new event. So far, so good. I played the new event and everything was normal. I then let it play a little longer and something really weird and unexpected happened. The event after the new event played back fine but the event after that (the third one) was completely black. Not only that but it gradually faded into and out of black at the beginning and end of the event.

As a test, I removed the offending event from the top video timeline and moved it on to the lower video timeline. This created a gap in the top video timeline. I moved the event along the lower timeline so that it was in line with the gap in the top timeline. Drawing on my prior experiences with Sony Movie Studio, this should allow me to see the event on the display window but the event was still black. I then moved it back to it's original spot in the top timeline.

There were also a few other events that were on the lower video timeline that were only going to be there temporarily. I deleted one of these events and for some reason, that seemed to restore the picture on the previously black event. But then I discovered that the event on the left was now black. Would anybody know what's going on and how I can fix it? I have replaced events quite a few times before with this same project but did not experience this problem.

Edit: Ive just had another play with the project and it's the third event that is black again (no longer the second event.)

Edit again: I had another look at the timeline and with regards to the event that is black, the Event FX symbol on that event is not highlighted. So I guess that rules out any video effects being somehow applied to the event.

#2 Patrick Cooper

Patrick Cooper
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Other

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:38 AM

This is no longer an issue. I closed the program and did not save changes. I then opened it up and did the same thing again (replaced one event with another) and there were no more black events.

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

rebotnix Technologies

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

Visual Products

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam