Jonas Björne

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Stockholm

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:51 PM

I have an issue with the EXPOSURE CONTROL (false color) assigned to the EXP-Button on the EVF. When I try to toggle the function on and off, the camera only switches the false color image between the viewfinder or the built in monitor on the EVF. So I can actually not turn it completely off. 

Idk if I am just stupid and couldn't figure it out, I tried to turn all user-buttons off and re-assign them, and re-assign the EXP-button to Zebra and rebooting the camera.. Nothing worked.

Has anyone had this problem and know how to solve it? I'm gonna ask the rental house to re-install the software tomorrow morning though. But I'm worried that its not gonna work, bc they have the latest update installed..   

Would be wonderful to hear your thoughts about this!! 

// Jonas 

EDIT: Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, I signed up just now and saw there is an "ARRI"-subforum..

Edited by Jonas Björne, 10 March 2016 - 06:56 PM.

#2 Simon Bengtsson

Simon Bengtsson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Sverige

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:37 AM

I have an issue with the EXPOSURE CONTROL (false color) assigned to the EXP-Button on the EVF. When I try to toggle the function on and off, the camera only switches the false color image between the viewfinder or the built in monitor on the EVF. So I can actually not turn it completely off. 

Idk if I am just stupid and couldn't figure it out, I tried to turn all user-buttons off and re-assign them, and re-assign the EXP-button to Zebra and rebooting the camera.. Nothing worked.

Has anyone had this problem and know how to solve it? I'm gonna ask the rental house to re-install the software tomorrow morning though. But I'm worried that its not gonna work, bc they have the latest update installed..   

Would be wonderful to hear your thoughts about this!! 

// Jonas 

EDIT: Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, I signed up just now and saw there is an "ARRI"-subforum..

Hi! If I'm not mistaken it is a feature to have false color in the viewfinder and without it on the monitor or vice versa. I was baffled by this as well.

To solve it I just held the exp button down for a while and it went normal again. Try it out :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Exposure control, false color, user buttons

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Glidecam

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

Wooden Camera

CineLab

Technodolly

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport