No replies to this topic

#1 Patrick Cooper

Patrick Cooper
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Other

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:19 PM

Over the next few days, some relatives will be staying and I plan to project a regular 8mm film of my parents' wedding from 1969. I don't think any of us have seen this footage before so it should be quite an occasion. I managed to find my Eumig 610D dual guage projector. It's a bit dusty and I haven't used it in years. After cleaning it up, I tried to gain access to the gate but was not successful. From memory, you push a small metal lever and that allows the lens to swing out to the side, allowing access to the gate.

When I push this lever, the lens only moves outwards by a very small amount - about 1cm. It will not move any further and I don't want to force it. So unfortunately, I can't clean the gate and I can't access the film within the gate area if something goes wrong during projection. By the way, the side cover on the projector has been removed. Does anyone who uses this same projector have some tips on how to move the lens all the way out? Right now, there's an extremely limited range of movement.

Ritter Battery

Pro 8mm

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC

Zylight

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

CineLab