2 replies to this topic

#1 Bill DiPietra

Bill DiPietra
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2262 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York City

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:04 AM

It seems all of the good indies are going straight to MOD, considering I just read the article about this film in the current issue of AC, today.  Definitely looked like one I would have wanted to see in the theater and I was right.  It's an interesting sci-fi story, reminiscent of Gattaca (1997.)  The visuals are extremely effective and the film utilizes a very simple color palette.

Give it a look.

#2 Clint Hulsey

Clint Hulsey
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Other
  • Dallas

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:24 PM

I think it got literally one showing in Dallas if I saw the theater times right this weekend.

#3 Miguel Angel

Miguel Angel
  • Sustaining Members
  • 562 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Spain / Ireland / South Africa

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:37 AM

I just watched it last night and I think that it is a very impressive and artistic movie. 

The script, on the other hand, could have been a little bit more developed, especially around the end because you know what is going to happen from the beginning! 

I actually wish they had spent a bit more time working on it because it could have surpassed "Gattaca" :( 

I liked the way they switched from Ultra Primes to Super Speeds because of the story and there are some shots in the movie which are just amazingly thought (for example, the conversation between the main character and his boss in a blue corridor with an orange flare blocking one of the characters). 

The production designer did a superb job too considering the budget of the movie. 

I never liked the super low contrast images which are currently in fashion in commercials, tv series and movies but "Equals" makes a really good use of them and make them match with the story and the architecture, resulting in a very beautifully lit story. 

Go to the cinema and be mesmerised by it! :) 

Have a good day. 

Glidecam

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

CineTape

Zylight

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets