#1 davide sorasio

davide sorasio
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Student
  • New York

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

Hello everybody, next week it's going to be my first time working with Cinetape and I'd like to know if there's any tips you guys could give me to completely take advantage of it (like adjusting the height according to the kind of shot etc etc). Thank you

#2 David Steel

David Steel

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Auckland

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:30 AM

Hi David,

Cinetapes are great tools but you cant always rely on them. For starters rig it off a Noga arm and have it sitting just above the mattbox. Be aware you can get false reading from things like door frames, other actors in shot etc. so alway make sure you still get you measurements with a measuring tape and then you will know what numbers to ignore. they take a while to get use to but once you understand what to look for and how to use it proaply they are awesome! 

#3 Brenton Lee

Brenton Lee
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Student
  • Melbourne, Australia

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:42 AM

I've only used a cine tape a few times but found that, as mentioned by david, if you don't have a pretty good mental idea of distances then a bad reading can throw you off pretty quick.

I swear one time the brim of the subjects hat would throw measurements out by 4 or so inches when he moved his head up and down, that's how accurate it was. It would be easy to freak out, adjust for the change then buzz his face when the cine tape flicks back to that. 

#4 David Steel

David Steel

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Auckland

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:09 PM

Haha yes that ol' trick, also another thing to watch out for is the boom mic sitting 4 inches in front of there face. That can cause a bit of trouble when the cinetape reads that stuff

Pro 8mm

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

Ritter Battery

Glidecam

Technodolly

CineTape

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider