From Cyberlink's site about your PowerDVD16 it has
Tons of those "enhancement" features like the TV's:
* TrueTheater® Color
* TrueTheater® Sound
About the last one:
TrueTheater Enhancements for the Best Movie Experience
* TrueTheater HD - Upscale video to HD quality and beyond
* TrueTheater Motion - Up-convert frame-rate for smoother video playback
* TrueTheater Lighting - Enhanced image colors and detail
* TrueTheater Stretch - Intelligently expand 4:3 video to 16:9
* TrueTheater Stabilizer - Minimize video shakiness
* TrueTheater Denoise - Reduce video artifacts
There might be the culprit.
Most players can show the video stream properties - size, fps.
BSPlayer shows it in the playback control panel, VLC via the Tools/Codec Information menu.
I'm sure PowerDVD can display such things also.
At the end of the day, go in the VIDEO_TS folder on your DVD,
copy one of the ~1GB .VOB files and import it in your NLE.
If unsuported, just rename the extension from .VOB to .MPG and
in your NLE see the properties of the file.
PS: How EVERYBODY knows how to "enhance" the artistic intentions of the creators...