For those of you who are on facebook, please join this poll.
For those of oyu who are not, feel free to comment away here -- unfortunately, cinematography.com does not seem to have a poll option
Just imagine, hypothetically, that there would be a new development tank on the market, designed for 8mm and 16mm films of 50 or 100ft length.
It wouldn't be a radically new design, mostly following the design of the common Lomo tank, but it would be
- manufactured with much higher precision
- based on modern, durable and stable plastics
- slightly bigger to also take films that are a tad longer than 50/100ft
- easy to load without hassle
- easier and faster to be filled/drained
- more efficient during washing
- compatible with all known and unknown processes
- manufactured in the EU, with spare parts easily available
- (maybe) extensible, so allowing larger stacks than two spirals
- (maybe) providing a tank option with built-in temperature control
- (maybe) providing a built-in timer that helps with process timing
Would you ne interested in buying such a thing? And what would be the most important options for you?
[ ] I'd pay $300 since that sounds a lot better than the Lomo option
[ ] other: _____________