Carl Nenzen Loven
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Student
  • San Francisco

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:59 PM

Hey everyone,

I am need of some pointers for an upcoming project. An interrogation scene that is inspired by remake of “Starsky & Hutch”.

I have read several threads on the typical set up, 1-2 kino 4-banks in the ceiling. And I was thinking 1 1k each for the profile shots, with diffusion. 

All shots with close up on the table I was thinking a small foamcore to get a slight bounce.

As for gels, since I am going for a warmer look I was thinking tungsten bulbs with 1/4 CTO on everything. I was also considering a kino 2-bank for the back wall with 1/2 CTO.

*EDIT*
I have also considered shooting two 2ks aimed at the back wall through a 12x12 instead of the Kino (since side walls seems very sparsely lit
*EDIT*

Shooting this on 7213, and the lenses we got max out at T2.

The scene for reference:

I am listening for any pointers, this will be on a stage so I have a lot of possibility to move things around.

//C

Edited by Carl Nenzen Loven, 04 September 2016 - 08:14 PM.

#2 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:12 AM

Looks like a traditional soft overhead light with a bit of bounce fill for the eyes.  I would skirt the light with some duvatyne or other fabric to drop the light on the walls some and get a bit of depth to the space.  I personally would prefer a paper lantern "China ball" rig to a kino for this, but a kino should do just fine.

#3 Carl Nenzen Loven

Carl Nenzen Loven
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Student
  • San Francisco

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:00 PM

Looks like a traditional soft overhead light with a bit of bounce fill for the eyes.  I would skirt the light with some duvatyne or other fabric to drop the light on the walls some and get a bit of depth to the space.  I personally would prefer a paper lantern "China ball" rig to a kino for this, but a kino should do just fine.

Thanks. This forum is a gold mine for people that feels a bit unsure on their choices :)

//C

Willys Widgets

Zylight

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam

Aerial Filmworks

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post