#1 Vivek Venkatraman

Vivek Venkatraman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Other

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:43 AM

Hey !

So I am a photographer/cinematographer who owned a Canon Camera and am looking to purchase an a7s ii for both photo and video purposes. I have used it in the past but need a couple of recommendations in regard to lenses,memory cards etc

1 - Will my 580 ex ii canon flash work on it ?
2 - If not whats a good alternative that you recommend ?
3 - What is the sony equivalent to the 24-105 f 4 canon lens ? [Need an all purpose zoom for photography]
4 - What is a cheap and good canon mount adapter for the a7s 2 [this is primarily to use for photography purposes] I have been told that the cheaper adapters dont do AF well but I guess it will do
5 - I am looking to purchase an external recorder to monitor waveforms/ire and also get 10 bit 4:2:2, which recorder does this in the best price possible. What are the difference between External recorder models. Quick lesson on this is much appreciated
6 - Need to buy a couple of extra batteries, what chinese knockoffs do you recommend ? or is original the way to go ?
7 - Need to get a memory card that absolutely records 4k internally without any issues , what brand do you guys recommend
8 - I live in Mumbai/Bombay where the heat and humidity is real, is the camera as delicate as reviews claim ? Any Indian users wanna chip in on this 
9 - How is sony after sales service ? What is and is not covered under warranty etc
10 - Whats a good alternative to the manfrotto 501 head, any other suggestions ? Basically I am looking for an affordable fluid head tripod with a head I can also mount on a monopod if need be.
11 - Is a cage, rods etc a must if I am running an external recorder or mount a heavy lens say Canon 75-200 f 2.8

Thanks Guys !

Tai Audio

Quantum Music Works

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery