#1 willgething

willgething

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Student

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:50 AM

I haven't lit for a photography shoot before. How would I achieve something close to this lighting? I have three kinos to work with. My original idea is a daylight kino from the left and two tungsten kinos from the right and top

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Attached Images

• gallery-1453926263-laura-ck.jpg

Edited by willgething, 20 October 2016 - 07:51 AM.

#2 Mark Kenfield

Mark Kenfield
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Melbourne, Australia

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:37 AM

Sounds about right (assuming you don't need to light the background as well), you'll probably want to white balance for somewhere between 5600k-4500k to skew the tungsten kinos a little warmer than default.

#3 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11371 posts
  • Other

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:24 AM

I might suggest that the cooler light possibly isn't quite as cool as a full daylight versus full tungsten, but it's somewhat dependent on the subject and you'd need to play with it. If you have kinos, you may wish to try mixing the colour temperature of the tubes to see what you get. You may need to diffuse it a little to avoid colour fringing in the shadows, though, depending on the specifics of the setup.

#4 Sandy Tworkowski

Sandy Tworkowski
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:28 AM

Sounds about right (assuming you don't need to light the background as well), you'll probably want to white balance for somewhere between 5600k-4500k to skew the tungsten kinos a little warmer than default.

From the angle of that "key", which is so soft, that background is not as close as it appears.  She is not casting a shadow and the key is almost head on to her...not the camera, but her face.  That background is it's own element, i believe, and is controlled there as.  I have a habit of always watching the shadows.  I don't think i'm too far off.  Lemmy no.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lighting, photography, tyrone lebon, kino

Quantum Music Works

Metropolis Post

The Slider

CineTape

Tai Audio

Zylight

rebotnix Technologies

Abel Cine

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery