#21 JD Hartman

JD Hartman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1690 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Edison, N.J. U.S.A.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:18 PM

Well, I should've mentioned, I do have a grip team. Just not a UK one. And they are good. But the reason why I made this thread in the first place is just to gather ideas from other people who may have rigged motorcycles before so I can possibly transfer some ideas to them

They should be sharing ideas with you based on their experience.   Not the other way around. 

It should be feasible for them to build the rig in the USA on a similar bike, photograph it and send the images and a list of suggested grip gear to whomever will be doing the rigging in the UK.

I'm done with this BS.

#22 Justin Everett Gum

Justin Everett Gum
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

They should be sharing ideas with you based on their experience.   Not the other way around. 

It should be feasible for them to build the rig in the USA on a similar bike, photograph it and send the images and a list of suggested grip gear to whomever will be doing the rigging in the UK.

I'm done with this BS.

Well, thanks for the advice, nonetheless. Even though you think I wasted your time, your responses still were helpful. 

#23 David Peterson

David Peterson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Auckland, New Zealand.

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:08 AM

Thank you for this comprehensive explanation! I will want to look into the rig you have set up.

It seems GoPro may be the way to go. I was hoping I could use like a lightweight DSLR like a Sony A7S, but if you can't even get a BMPCC to provide the same results, then I'm not convinced the A7S would work either. However, I was wondering... have you have tried using a gimbal to resist against vibration? I was thinking something like an OSMO or some of the handheld gimbals like the Ikan Beholder.

Thoughts?

oh dear, you really do NOT want to use an a7S!! :-o

Rolling shutter on that is horrible, and with all the bouncing around and juddering.... eek!

Stick with using Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera (almost the same as the BMPCC, but better!)

Or get a Panasonic G80 (or G7 on the dirt cheap), if you really really want 4K!! (or maybe the GH5... if you're happy to risk a more expensive camera!)

#24 David Peterson

David Peterson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Auckland, New Zealand.

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:11 AM

Might be able to get away with magic arms

http://www.websterwi...01_archive.html

Scroll down past the girl smoking a cigar

A direct link, so others don't need to hunt so far for it:

http://www.websterwi...say-cheese.html

(not sure if I'd trust that however, certainly not off road! Could be ok though for short and slow cruises around town on smooth roads)

Abel Cine

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

CineTape

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport