Video Artifact is a new standalone video editor for digital film restoration and footage quality enhancement.
This program helps you to prepare footages from consumer or professional video cameras, digicams and V-DSLR. It can remove MJPEG, MPEG, H.264, H.265 compression artifacts and digital noise, improves sharpness and color resolution up to 16 bit 4:4:4.
Some quality restoration features:
- Script-based to work with unique cases. You can use many filters in any combination.
- 50+ specialized restoration filters work in Y, U, V separately in 8/16 bit.
- Possibility to use dozens of different type denoisers for different noise type.
- Accurate denoising that keeps micro details with no "plastic" effect.
- Removing of sharping halos.
- Linear color high quality spline-based resize to resize up to 4K. Resize halos can be removed.
- Precise halo-free radius-dependent sharping.
- Film grain emulation and 3D LUT grading.
- 4:2:0 8 bit to 4:2:2/4:4:4 16 bit chroma reconstruction.
It can be used in a post-production workflow if you use V-DSLR or consumer cameras. Currently 50+ camera models supported and hundreds of compatible models. Some special features:
- Batch processing without GPU. Very fast: 5 fps for typical V-DSLR AVCHD source and 2 fps for 4K.
- Automatic joining of MTS, MOV and MP4 spans and renaming to yyyymmdd_hhmmss.mov format.
- Non-standard 16-255 to TV 16-235 levels conversion.
- ITU-R BT.601 ↔ BT.709 floating point conversion.
- NLE and DaVinci Resolve compatible workflow.
- Mastering to webm VP9/Opus or mp4 H.264/AAC 1080p/720p/360p/240p.
Examples with various restoration methods: http://www.videoartifact.com/examples/ You can download low compressed videos there to see actual quality.