#1 Jonathan Flanagan

Jonathan Flanagan
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

Does anyone know how to get hold of a copy of Chris Menges' Cameraimage lifetime achievement award book? I know there is only a very small print run for these books and they are hard to locate. The BSC were planning to republish the book but that now seems to be on hold according to Chris and the BSC.

I did manage to get hold of an original copy of Alan Parker's book from 2008, in excellent condition, and it really is a beautifully presented and written publication. I also located a copy of Freddie Francis's book but it appeared to be in such poor condition it wasnt worth the high price being asked.

#2 Jonathan Flanagan

Jonathan Flanagan
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:50 PM

Managed to get hold of a copy at the BSC Expo in London last week. It really is a beautifully produced and written publication and deserved tribute to a great artist. These books are also important in that they are likely, in many cases, to be the only record of the careers of many great cinematographer's (other than their films of course).

It's a shame they are so hard to get hold of as they are only on sale at the festival itself and one or two industry expos that Camerimage attend.

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

CineTape

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Metropolis Post

Willys Widgets

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS