Photo

How/where can I collaborate with other filmmakers?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:14 PM

I'm in Pittsburgh PA. How can I connect with other filmmakers? Is there a special board where they communicate with each other?

Thanks

Michael Carter

Support Cinematography.com and buy gear using our Amazon links!
PANASONIC LUMIX GH5 Body 4K Mirrorless Camera, 20.3 Megapixels, Dual I.S. 2.0, 4K 422 10-bit, Full Size HDMI Out, 3 Inch Touch LCD, DC-GH5KBODY (USA Black)

#2 Macks Fiiod

Macks Fiiod
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Director
  • Og from DC, Now in NJ

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:05 PM

Give this section a try:

http://www.cinematog...hp?showforum=82

#3 JD Hartman

JD Hartman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1662 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Edison, N.J. U.S.A.

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

IMHO, the regional section is a dead zone.

This thread: http://www.cinematog...showtopic=33627

, five pages of posts and still nothing.

#4 Jeremy Parsons

Jeremy Parsons
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Pittsburgh

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:06 PM

I recently moved back to Pittsburgh after living (not sure if thats the right word for what I was doing) in California for a number of years. 

For starters, definitely go to events scheduled by these two groups:

Steeltown.org - Incubator for pittsburgh indie film. They host mostly youth-centric events, but every quarter they schedule a crew connect event.

PaFIA.org - Pennsylvania Film Industry Association. Is busiest in Pittsburgh and Philly....but we get all the work. ;)

Also try Pittsburgh Filmmakers. Its the Photography and motion picture arm of Pittsburgh Center for the Arts. They have classes (I teach there) and also host industry events, but infrequently.

Do you have a particular focus of interest? Always curious for more crew on personal projects. 

#5 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:49 PM

Yea, "life in CA" I attended the SanFrancisco Art Institute. Thanks for writing. I will look up those places. And I did take many classes at Filmmakers. I should go back. Never clicked there. My thing now is reversing b&w movie film. Printing from negative is next. Chemicals are coming in the mail. I have started trying to attract interested anybody via meet up on Sat.
https://www.meetup.c...ents/237823695/

#6 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

I recently moved back to Pittsburgh after living (not sure if thats the right word for what I was doing) in California for a number of years. 

For starters, definitely go to events scheduled by these two groups:

Steeltown.org - Incubator for pittsburgh indie film. They host mostly youth-centric events, but every quarter they schedule a crew connect event.
PaFIA.org - Pennsylvania Film Industry Association. Is busiest in Pittsburgh and Philly....but we get all the work. ;)

Also try Pittsburgh Filmmakers. Its the Photography and motion picture arm of Pittsburgh Center for the Arts. They have classes (I teach there) and also host industry events, but infrequently.

Do you have a particular focus of interest? Always curious for more crew on personal projects.

I just got access membership film 1 level at Filmmakers. See you there? I want to use split core reels and tight winders to spool down 100 foot loads off big supplies of film.

CineTape

Technodolly

Glidecam

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC

Tai Audio

Abel Cine