#1 Brant Collins

Brant Collins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Producer
  • Little Rock, Arkansas

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:16 AM

I bought it on e-bay for $120. Everything worked fine untill I changed batteries and the negitive (black wire) feel apart. I thought I could add come wire and fix it but it came completely out of the camera. Anyone have a wire diagram or idea on how to fix it or should I cut my losses and move on?

#2 John Hyde

John Hyde
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:47 AM

I bought it on e-bay for $120. Everything worked fine untill I changed batteries and the negitive (black wire) feel apart. I thought I could add come wire and fix it but it came completely out of the camera. Anyone have a wire diagram or idea on how to fix it or should I cut my losses and move on?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First, I would consider contacting the ebayer who sold you the camera. If it has not been too long they MAY consider taking the camera back out of good faith.

Second, if you were to send it in to have it repaired, my guess is that it would cost nearly as much as you paid for the camera itself. Though, you could consider it if the camera is of much higher value than you paid for it. Spectra Film and Video does a good job at repairing assorted cameras: www.spectrafilmandvideo.com.

Finally, if the camera is not worth very much to begin with (and not worth sending in for repair), I would make a last resort, home-repair attempt if you know how to use a soldering iron. Forget schematics. You will never find them on such an old camera. Try to gain access to the inside of the camera and find the place where the wire was attached. If you fail, you are right back where you started - no harm done. Just throw the camera away! Or, try to sell it to a camera shop for parts.

Spectra also sells good, rebuilt cameras with warranty if you want to avoid rolling the dice on ebay again. I can say from my own experience that about 60 - 70% of the cameras I bought on ebay have a significant problem of some sort that was not reported by the seller. But, then I know a bit about how to perform minor repairs myself.

#3 Brant Collins

Brant Collins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Producer
  • Little Rock, Arkansas

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:08 PM

well I fixed the power, the zoom works but the motor for the film advance does not. I must have shorted something. Will save my money to buy a Canon 1014xl or Bealue

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine

The Slider