6 replies to this topic

#1 Tyler Purcell

Tyler Purcell
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3177 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

Blackmagic has stepped it's game up once more, adding a few very cool features to Resolve. The best new news is that they've lowered the price to $299. 

DaVinci Resolve 14 has hundreds of new features for editors, colorists and now, for the first time, audio professionals. The new playback engine dramatically increases responsiveness with up to 10x better performance for editors. You also get a whole new page with the full Fairlight audio post production tools that let you record, edit, mix, sweeten and master sound with full 3D audio space and up to 1000 channels. Colorists will find amazing new filters that include automatic facial recognition and tracking for quickly smoothing skin tones, brightening eyes, changing lip color and more! Plus, DaVinci Resolve 14 features revolutionary new multi user collaboration tools such as bin locking, chat and timeline merging that allow editors, colorists, and sound editors to all work on the same project at the same time! All these new features make DaVinci Resolve 14 is the world’s most advanced post production software!

https://www.blackmag.../davinciresolve

Support Cinematography.com and buy gear using our Amazon links!
PANASONIC LUMIX GH5 Body 4K Mirrorless Camera, 20.3 Megapixels, Dual I.S. 2.0, 4K 422 10-bit, Full Size HDMI Out, 3 Inch Touch LCD, DC-GH5KBODY (USA Black)

#2 Macks Fiiod

Macks Fiiod
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Director
  • Og from DC, Now in NJ

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

I'll be happy if Resolve takes over as industry standard. The workflow of Premiere and AVID have always felt unnatural to me.

#3 Frank Hegyi

Frank Hegyi
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Boston

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:54 PM

Wow, the multi user stuff looks really great. I love the idea of color grading while my editor edits and then the grade just shows up in their timeline. That's some next level stuff.

Edited by Frank Hegyi, 24 April 2017 - 09:55 PM.

#4 Will Montgomery

Will Montgomery
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2006 posts
  • Producer
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:30 PM

Great news as long as they keep up the quality of work and support. Even with all their growing pains in cameras, it does seem that their heart is in the right place. They seem to love what they do and are listening to us.

#5 Brian Drysdale

Brian Drysdale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4925 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:48 AM

Just bear in mind that this is a public beta, so you probably won't want to use it on a commercial or important to you production for a while yet. I gather it's still at the pretty buggy stage, which isn't that surprising given the time scale of six months since they took over Fairlight Audio.

#6 Brian Drysdale

Brian Drysdale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4925 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:09 AM

I gather you currently need Decklink for the audio to work on Resolve V14. This may have something to do with the addition of the Fairlight Audio section.

#7 Anthony Schilling

Anthony Schilling
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1046 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Portland, OR

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

I'd be interested in the noise reduction which is not available in the free version. The price is tempting but no way I can upgrade now. If I go past Windows 7, I'll have to build a new PC. If I go past Davinci 12.0, I loose .mov support. I have the latest Neat Video on Vegas 14 to compliment Resolve 12.0 for now. since every thing is running solid, I'm staying put on hardware and software until the wheels come off my 7 year old system.

The Slider

CineLab

Tai Audio

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Lenser

Technodolly

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

Quantum Music Works

FJS International, LLC

CineTape