#1 Robin R Probyn

Robin R Probyn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1751 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Tokyo

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

New OLED EVF for the F5/55 camera,s.. full HD rez.. looks good..the original one left a bit to be desired..  apparently to be priced about the same as the current OLED EVF.. a new card reader .. but not much else gear wise out of Sony.. apart from the a9.. 

#2 Mark Kenfield

Mark Kenfield
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Australia/Wherever The Wind Takes Me

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:10 AM

Hopefully they've fixed some of the monitoring features, and False Colour monitoring is available for SLOG3 now, along with someway to get a physically readable waveform in the viewfinder (and not the worthless miniature thing they have currently).

#3 Robin R Probyn

Robin R Probyn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1751 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Tokyo

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:44 AM

I dont think it will TBH.. just better build.. esp the rather dodgy diopter ring of the Mk1.. which felt rather "cheap".. double brightness and HD res.. and a menu wheel on the VF .. some added peaking/Zebra functions.. eye sensor. improved. and Lemo power in.. basically what it should have been in the first place for the price..  

Personally I dont use the VF WFM..  or false color.. peaking/res and brightness is what I need..more.. Ive been waiting for a new VF for the F cams for years.. so hoping this will be a winner.. better for operators on bigger F55 productions too .. so maybe a boost in that market .. Im sure all the op,s on those  big netflix shows will be happier !.. now that i think about it.. thats probably where the main impetus for the new finder came from.. they are not caring about WFM or false color either .. as thats all on bigger monitors.. 

Edited by Robin R Probyn, 25 April 2017 - 02:44 AM.

Wooden Camera

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

Tai Audio