No replies to this topic

#1 joshua gallegos

joshua gallegos
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Student

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

As you may or may not know, Jonathan Demme passed away yesterday. There are a couple of his films that I was quite fond of, one of them being of course: 'Silence of the Lambs' and 'Rachel Getting Married'. I remember the first time I bought an old DVD of 'Silence of the Lambs', I ended up watching it 3 times in a row. I was about 16 years old at the time, and I was also a huge George A. Romero fan, who actually has a cameo in the film. The scene that stuck the most was when Jodie has a flashback as a kid, and we see her as a child slowly moving down the pews in her father's funeral, it's really one of the most untalked of scenes in the entire movie, but I felt it was the emotionally strongest of them all. There's something about cinema, where viewers can at least grasp an understanding as to how the past is still very much alive in the present. In the film Clarice, has shunned the past away only to confront it in her present age, it's a very deep film, because it delves deep into human consciousness. Nowadays films have characters that have no dimensions at all, such great talent will always be missed! And I hope to revisit his films very soon. 

Support Cinematography.com and buy gear using our Amazon links!
PANASONIC LUMIX GH5 Body 4K Mirrorless Camera, 20.3 Megapixels, Dual I.S. 2.0, 4K 422 10-bit, Full Size HDMI Out, 3 Inch Touch LCD, DC-GH5KBODY (USA Black)

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

Willys Widgets

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

Technodolly