#1 Markus Rave

Markus Rave
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Frankfurt, Germany

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:57 AM

I am offered a Mitchell geared head togther with a heavy duty tripod, carbon fiber legs with Mitchell base plate. The head is the newer version of the Mitchell weighing 44 lbs. I am going to have a look at it next Tuesday. The owner has imported the head 15 years ago but says it works flawless. I would like to know if there is anything I should look for to see if the head has been damaged. Are there any pros and cons to this head you know from operating? Seller asks 3800,00 USD and I think it is a fair price for a good working equipment. If you find this too expensive, please let me know.

Markus

#2 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:31 AM

I am offered a Mitchell geared head togther with a heavy duty tripod, carbon fiber legs with Mitchell base plate. The head is the newer version of the Mitchell weighing 44 lbs. I am going to have a look at it next Tuesday. The owner has imported the head 15 years ago but says it works flawless. I would like to know if there is anything I should look for to see if the head has been damaged. Are there any pros and cons to this head you know from operating? Seller asks 3800,00 USD and I think it is a fair price for a good working equipment. If you find this too expensive, please let me know.

Markus

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Without seeing a picture I am not sure which model. I think Visual Products had a Mitchell Vitesse on their web site around that price. Sounds a little high for a private sale. One made about 2100 USD on e bay a year ago.

Stephen

#3 Markus Rave

Markus Rave
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Frankfurt, Germany

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:44 AM

Stephen,

thank you for your help. Today I checked the head out. Really good shape. The model is 135R500. Everything works flawless. Came together with a riser, heavy duty tripod legs and spreader, extension to hold the extended viewfinder and a flightcase. I negotiated to 3.000,00 USD for all the gear. CanĀ“t beat that, I guess.

Markus

FJS International, LLC

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

Tai Audio

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera