I'm looking for a good telephoto lens with a zoom range of about 100 - 600mm (more or less). EF Mount.
I want to use the lens on a Sony E-Mount and Bmpcc Camera via Speedbooster.
The following lenses have caught my eye, since they seem to have a good zoom range and optical stabilization, plus they are not too pricy:
- Sigma 50-500mm (http://www.lenstip.c....DG_OS_HSM.html)
- Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary Version (http://www.lenstip.c....roduction.html)
- Sigma 150-600mm Sports Version (http://www.lenstip.c....roduction.html)
- Tamron 150-600mm (http://www.lenstip.c....Di_VC_USD.html)
- Tamron 150-600mm G2 (https://www.amazon.c....amron g2 canon)
My favourite one seems to be the Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary. But I heard that the focus ring is a bit tiny and akward to use. So I'd rather go for the Sports version.
But since I haven't found that many videos on the web about it's cinematography capabilities, I wanted to get some information first hand.
Do you guys have experience with any of the listed lenses? Any recommendations or advice?
(Considering image stabilization, f-drop during zooms, focus behaviour...)
Recommendation on Long Telephoto Zoom Lenses
Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:32 AM
Support Cinematography.com and buy gear using our Amazon links!
PANASONIC LUMIX GH5 Body 4K Mirrorless Camera, 20.3 Megapixels, Dual I.S. 2.0, 4K 422 10-bit, Full Size HDMI Out, 3 Inch Touch LCD, DC-GH5KBODY (USA Black)
Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:09 PM
Since I'm not able to edit the opener post, here are the fixed links:
- Sigma 50-500mm (http://www.lenstip.c..._DG_OS_HSM.html)
- Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary Version (http://www.lenstip.c...troduction.html)
- Sigma 150-600mm Sports Version (http://www.lenstip.c...troduction.html)
- Tamron 150-600mm (http://www.lenstip.c..._Di_VC_USD.html)
- Tamron 150-600mm G2 (https://www.amazon.c...tamron g2 canon)