I am wondering if anyone has used a preston DM1 motor with their Heden carat wireless focus system?
The default setting in the Heden, should allow you to run the Preston DM1, however when I have tried it, the auto calibration has the motor running very weak and struggling to calibrate a lens that this motor should have no issues on.
If it does manage to calibrate, with a turn of the focus knob, the motor can be heard to rev up and come to a stop, and the red lights flash on the handunit to indicate a motor error.
I have tried the motor on a preston mdr, and it works perfectly, so the issue lies in the Heden itself.
Have contacted Heden, but whoever coded these motor setups into the Heden GUI was a sub supplier, and it would appear no one at Heden actually tested these motors to see if they even work.
If anyone has used the Preston motors on the Heden, would be great to know if you had any difficulties and what settings you used.