Luis E Curbelo

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:41 PM

Can anyone give me recommendation on a short project I?m doing this weekend. Its 3 minute long. The Director wants to have a continuing full body shoot where the main character is running in the middle of the street in downtown at night. He wants to shoot it with a DVX100 at 24fps. We are using a car to follow our hero. Can anyone give me any advice of the best way to do this and not look shoppie. Any help will be well appreciated.

#2 Kevin Zanit

Kevin Zanit
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • LA

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:21 PM

I assume you are working with a real low budget, so your best bet would probably be a light coming from the car.

Try a Kino Flo over camera, and maybe off to one side.

For the car, be ready to black out the tail/ break lights because those always end up throwing red light on your subject.

You could also have someone run with the actor off camera with another small light to add some interactive lighting to the person.

Kevin Zanit

#3 Luis E Curbelo

Luis E Curbelo

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:04 PM

I assume you are working with a real low budget, so your best bet would probably be a light coming from the car.

Try a Kino Flo over camera, and maybe off to one side.

For the car, be ready to black out the tail/ break lights because those always end up throwing red light on your subject.

You could also have someone run with the actor off camera with another small light to add some interactive lighting to the person.
Kevin Zanit

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thannk you Kevin, i didn't tihnk about the break lights. I tihnk what we are doing is that we are shooting from the back of a truck and the hero is going to be chasing the camera or the truck. So i need to somehow light him up with a spot light and i'm going to do what you said about lighting him from the side with another light and having someone running alone with him.

Any other sujecstion will be more then welcome.
Thank you all

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

Opal

Willys Widgets

Aerial Filmworks