No replies to this topic

#1 Michael LaVoie

Michael LaVoie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:03 PM

Trying to calibrate the dreamcolor display with an XRite i1Display Pro  I've exceeded the internal calibration so I had to figure this out.

The guys at HP's Workstation team are not really much help with this as I have basic menu questions that nobody can figure out.  If anyone out there owns one and has some experience calibrating it by all means, chime in.

Also of interest is the way windows handles color management.  That seems to be an odd hiccup to this whole operation and I want to see if I need to do anything to avoid Windows or my graphics card software interfering in the process.

Menu-Image Adjustment - The selection for use video levels 16-235 is greyed out.  So I can't select it. I'd like to know why.

Also curious if anyone out there uses this for grading and I'd be curious what color space you most often grade the work in.  For web as well as for broadcast.

Any help is much appreciated.  Even no response is better than what the folks at HP have been able to offer me.

Support Cinematography.com and buy gear using our Amazon links!
PANASONIC LUMIX GH5 Body 4K Mirrorless Camera, 20.3 Megapixels, Dual I.S. 2.0, 4K 422 10-bit, Full Size HDMI Out, 3 Inch Touch LCD, DC-GH5KBODY (USA Black)

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Technodolly