• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Boddington

Richard Boddington
  • Sustaining Members
  • 5420 posts
  • Director

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

I guess we won't be able to watch those new "amazing" Star Wars movies on the ultra cheap on NetFlix:

http://money.cnn.com...flix/index.html

R,

Support Cinematography.com and buy gear using our Amazon links!
PANASONIC LUMIX GH5 Body 4K Mirrorless Camera, 20.3 Megapixels, Dual I.S. 2.0, 4K 422 10-bit, Full Size HDMI Out, 3 Inch Touch LCD, DC-GH5KBODY (USA Black)

#2 Justin Hayward

Justin Hayward
  • Sustaining Members
  • 881 posts
  • Director
  • Chicago, IL.

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Wow.  As the father of three Disney addicts, this is a smart move on their part.  And this also means Disney has found yet another way to separate me from my money.  Ugh.

#3 Richard Boddington

Richard Boddington
  • Sustaining Members
  • 5420 posts
  • Director

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:45 PM

If the other studios start to follow suit, I wonder what NetFlix will do?  Rely on independent and in house produced content?

R,

PS: Since I'm in Canada, NetFlix won't let me read the nasty comments you Americans are posting about my movies on NetFlix :)

#4 Keith Walters

Keith Walters
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2182 posts
  • Other
  • Sydney Australia

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:03 PM

On a  slightly different subject:

http://www.zdnet.com...260349420394048

During a hearing on Tuesday to have the Federal Court of Australia block 128 alleged foreign copyright-infringing websites by internet service providers (ISPs) following its success last year in blocking The Pirate Bay, counsel for Foxtel gave the court live demonstrations of Yes Movies, Watch Series, 1337x, and Putlocker.

Not being  one of the growing fraternity of tragics whose entire social life seems to revolve around telling everyone who wants to listen (and quite a lot more who don't)  how many recent-release movies or TV shows they've illegally downloaded this week, I have no real interest in the subject, but if I ever did develop such an interest, it's jolly decent of the writers of articles like these to provide a nice succinct rundown as to where such "warez" might be located  :rolleyes: 

Meanwhile, you've probably seen this by now:

http://www.cetusnews...r1IR4Qu1DZ.html

According to the US National Association of Broadcasters, roughly one third of the US population are unaware that you can still receive TV programs for free by using an antenna.

The story is written like something out of "The Onion" but it is actually true, and has been reported on before. I particularly like the bit where people were accusing antenna salesmen of selling "illegal hacking devices"  :blink: 

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

CineTape

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products