Irakli Megre
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Georgia

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:35 AM

Hello, I need recomendation

i am looking lens for overhead shooting videos on table for youtube , Drawing,hand craft etc. which from this two will be better for my purpose

LEICA 12-60mm, F2.8-4.0 ASPH Or LUMIX 12-35mm, F2.8 II ASPH

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Irakli Megre, 07 September 2017 - 08:39 AM.

#2 David Mawson

David Mawson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Other
  • Manchester

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:25 AM

Either should be fine. Indeed, I'd expect them to be overkill. But you don't give the details people really need to help you. The important things are the distance between the camera and the table and the dimensions of the area you want to shoot - that will give focal length. You also need the room to be well-lit - soft light from all sides will minimise shadows and let you use a decent depth of field - obviously you'll be shooting with focus pre-set.

Really, I'd expect the cheap but excellent 12-32 kit lens would do a great job. Or a decent phone. In the unlikely event that you need a wider field of view than these can provide then neither of the lenses you mention will help - you'd need the 8-18 zoom, or maybe a wide prime lens.

Edited by David Mawson, 08 September 2017 - 06:28 AM.

#3 Irakli Megre

Irakli Megre
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Georgia

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

Either should be fine. Indeed, I'd expect them to be overkill. But you don't give the details people really need to help you. The important things are the distance between the camera and the table and the dimensions of the area you want to shoot - that will give focal length. You also need the room to be well-lit - soft light from all sides will minimise shadows and let you use a decent depth of field - obviously you'll be shooting with focus pre-set.

Really, I'd expect the cheap but excellent 12-32 kit lens would do a great job. Or a decent phone. In the unlikely event that you need a wider field of view than these can provide then neither of the lenses you mention will help - you'd need the 8-18 zoom, or maybe a wide prime lens.

Thanks for reply.

Yes you are right, I  don't give the details because now only i have tripod (Vanguard Alta Pro 2+ 263AP) So after installing camera on tripod ill know what will be distance between camera and table. Dimension of the area is not restricted, i just want to show normally how i am drawing on A4 paper something or doing something with my hands, repairing phone for example .My working table is near window so at day time there are big amount of daylight in room,I will be vary thankful if you also recommend lighting.
   Can't decide which is better for me. extra rich of 12-60 lens  or constant aperture 12-35.

Visual Products

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio