#1 tom lombard

tom lombard
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Other
  • nebraska

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

http://bolexh16user....cPistolGrip.htm has some info on the pistol grip indicating an updated model for the EL being in black but I'm not seeing any indication if there are other, EL specific changes.  Would the non-black one also work on the EL?  I'm interested specifically for functionality of holding & triggering the EL.  The added ability to zoom would be a nice plus.

#2 tom lombard

tom lombard
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Other
  • nebraska

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:35 PM

I have another question on the EL hand grip but thought I'd put it here rather than create a new thread and, maybe, get everything answered at once :)  I see mention of a quick attachment disk in looking for information.  Is this a separate piece?  I may have found the grip I need but the top of the grip isn't clear in the photos I have access to.  If there may be a piece missing, I'm likely to pass on the purchase.  Unless someone knows the part I'm asking about and would know where I could find one if it's missing.  I'd also welcome hearing from someone that may have the electric grip for an EL that they would be willing to sell.    Thanks.

#3 Jean-Louis Seguin

Jean-Louis Seguin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Other
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:10 PM

The EL pistol grip has a short cable with a 3-pin connector that plugs into the remote release socket on the camera. I have one available but I have to replace the plug. PM me if interested.

#4 tom lombard

tom lombard
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Other
  • nebraska

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:24 AM

I missed out and this is the second time it's happened to me.  Photos/info unclear so I take the time to ask the seller a couple of questions.  By the time I get an answer (and would gladly have purchased), somebody else bought it now.  This, being just a grip, isn't painful but I still shed tears over missing out on an XTR Plus.  I've experienced purchasing something too quickly in the past and have learned from it but the lesson comes with a cost.  Thanks for your offer!

#5 Samuel Berger

Samuel Berger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Seattle

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:09 PM

I missed out and this is the second time it's happened to me.  Photos/info unclear so I take the time to ask the seller a couple of questions.  By the time I get an answer (and would gladly have purchased), somebody else bought it now.  This, being just a grip, isn't painful but I still shed tears over missing out on an XTR Plus.  I've experienced purchasing something too quickly in the past and have learned from it but the lesson comes with a cost.  Thanks for your offer!

I missed out on an Eclair ACL 1.2 for $300 the other day for exactly the same reasons.

I saw the XTR Plus, the seller told me he'd take $3500 for it but I still didn't feel like I was ready to spend the dough, since I have two amazing NPRs. Well after that, Tyler pointed out some problems he saw in the photos so I felt better about not investing. And after that, I had a major financial loss (which is why I'm now selling the Techniscope camera), so sometimes disappointing things that happen can be beneficial in the long run.

Opal

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc