#21 Dave Perry

Dave Perry
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Roanoke

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

Just an update. I picked up an Eclair ACL 2. I appreciate all the input from everyone. It's in good working conditions and has 2x400' French mags. I've checked with Bernie at Super16 Inc about CLA and super 16 or ultra 16 mod. I'll probably run a couple of 100's through it as a test before sending it to him but I'm crazy excited about working with it. Planning to get a PL adapter for it as well. I have a set of Schneider Xenon Fps I want to use with it.

The battery belt that came with it though is a Bescor lead acid pack that doesn't seem to charge though. I'm using an AC power source from my Ursa Mini right now but couldn't I use a V-mount battery throughout the Cannon plug for battery source?

#22 Gregg MacPherson

Gregg MacPherson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts
  • Other
  • New Zealand

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:46 PM

In one of the manuals I'm sure it shows the pos/neg terminals on the XLR 4 pin. Pin 4 should be pos and pin 1 should be neg.  With the big motor, French mags, 75fps,  the battery is more critical.  Originally designed for 10 NiCad cells, nominal 12V, fully charged is about 14V. Voltage drop from the cable being too long or battery capacity being too small can be a problem at higher speeds.

Andrew at AZ Spectrum, who services the motors, told me that for higher speeds battery capacity should be 4Ah and one can use a 15.6V battery. I think that means 11 cells.  Don't know what the max V is before you damage the camera. I will explicitly ask him one day..Maintaining voltage, or increasing the V will lower the current.

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineLab

Glidecam

Technodolly

Visual Products

CineTape

Aerial Filmworks

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

Ritter Battery