Mario van Zijst

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:02 AM

Hai there

I bought a 900E pal (get him in a few days) and leave next week to jordanie for a 14 days shoot. Can anyone tell me what to do with 45 degrees celsius and the extreme light conditions.

thanks
mario

#2 Tim J Durham

Tim J Durham
  • Sustaining Members
  • 742 posts
  • Director
  • East Coast, Baby!

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:38 PM

Hai there

I bought a 900E pal (get him in a few days) and leave next week to jordanie for a 14 days shoot. Can anyone tell me what to do with 45 degrees celsius and the extreme light conditions.

thanks
mario

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Use your rain-cover and keep the camera shaded as much as possible. Deserts and desert towns are dusty even when you're not in a sandstorm. The very-fine dust can ruin your tape transort AND your lens! Take many cans of compressed air to blow dust out of stuff. Take a lightweight white cooler to transport the tapes and keep them in ziplock bags. Keep everything in ziplock bags.

Drink lots of bottled water.

For the high contrast, get to know the black stretch adjustment and use a polariser.

#3 Mario van Zijst

Mario van Zijst

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:30 AM

Use your rain-cover and keep the camera shaded as much as possible. Deserts and desert towns are dusty even when you're not in a sandstorm. The very-fine dust can ruin your tape transort AND your lens! Take many cans of compressed air to blow dust out of stuff. Take a lightweight white cooler to transport the tapes and keep them in ziplock bags. Keep everything in ziplock bags.

Drink lots of bottled water.

For the high contrast, get to know the black stretch adjustment and use a polariser.

It is a little bit late, but thanks. I traveled al over the world and the 900 did a great job. The cold, the heath, the rain, it does not affect the camera. I shot over 100 tapes and not one pixel is missing. if someone wants more information please ask: mario@netwerk.cc

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc