Cotton

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Student

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:32 AM

Hello,
I'm a lucky owner of a K-3 with a M-42 Pentax screw mount and want to buy a second camera. But there's only one problem: Most of the offered cameras have this Krasnogorsk-mount so that you only can use lenses with this contact.
Is there any possibility to rebuild this Krasnogorsk-mount on a M-42 Pentax-mount?
Have somebody of you done something like this before? Is it possible? Where can I get a M-42 mount matching for my Krasnogorsk? How much would it cost?

Best regards,

Toni

#2 Joseph Gioielli

Joseph Gioielli
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:42 PM

Toni,

I hope I understand your problem correctly. I think you want another k-3 with an m42 mount?

There are several k-3s for sale on ebay(usa) that are m42 mount for about 200 USD. I think it would be easier then trying to convert.

Best wishes :)

Joe

#3 Cotton

Cotton

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Student

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:15 PM

Hi Joe!
Of course it would be much easier to buy a ready M-42 Krasnogorsk but they are obviously more expensive than cameras with a bajonette-mount. I thought about buying an used, old 35mm photocamera with a M-42 mount for about 5 Euro, take from this camera the screwmount and adapt it on a Krasnogorsk with this stupid bajonette.
Perhaps I'll buy both (Krasnogorsk with bajonette and an old camera with a M-42) and try to convert it. If it shouldn't work, I still can sell the Krasnogorsk with the bajonette and buy a M-42 camera. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Best wishes,

Toni :rolleyes:

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Opal

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

Willys Widgets

Technodolly