Vital Butinar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Student
  • Ljubljana, Slovenija

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:29 AM

Hi guys!

Well I've just started development on one of my newest projects that I'm really excited on witch is my first music video for a band.

A little background the song is a balad talking about how he's sad because he broke up with is girl and now he's feeling alone etc.

I've figured out that I want the scenes where he's alone to look more dark and isolated and the flashback scenes where they're together more bright and open.

Most of the stuff I've figured out but one scene has me baffled and can't decide how to do it.

Anyway it's the opening shot and I want to position him at night in the middle of a straight road in center of frame walking away from the camera with a guitar in his hand.

I will light his silhouette from opposite the camera light straight towards the lens and fill light to the side to show a little definition. All the rest I want pitch black so you can't see what or where it is.

But my problem is since I can't wait for the weather to just stop raining I'd like to wet the road at least the part where he's walking with water so that it reflects the light.

The problem is the road that is dark and straight is currently at a little remote location so bringing large amounts of water or a fire hidrant is out of the question.

I was thinking of getting a few extra large cans for water and add some glycerin to it to make it stay reflective longer.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks for the help and best regards.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

CineLab

Visual Products